Space Time Codes MIMO and Massive MIMO Part I
Relevant Course: Wireless Communication
Relevant Department : Electrical Engineering
Relevant Semester: Nil
Pre-requisite: The knowledge of Digital Communication and Wireless Communication is Preferable
Course Description and Outline :
Space-Time Codes and MIMO
Part I – Introduction
- Diversity to combat erasures and fadings
- The multiple antenna channel model.
- Coding gain and diversity in MIMO channels
Part II - Information Theory
- Capacity when channel is unknown at transmitter
- Outage probability for non-ergodic channels.
Part III - Coding
- Quick introduction to STBC.
- Code design criteria for block fading channels.
- Example of an LDPC code for MIMO channels.
- Motivation and Case Studies
- Models and Fundamental Assumptions
- Favorable Propagation
- Single-Cell Operation
- Uniform User Performance
- Impact of Hardware Impairments
- Energy Efficiency
- Myths around Massive MIMO
Schedule for Lecture Delivery
Session 1 : 12-Oct-2015 (2-4 pm)
Session 2 : 13-Oct-2015 (2-4 pm)
Session 3 : 19-Oct-2015 (2-4 pm)